The EU Twinning Project Modern Concept of Human Resources Management in the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Serbia, led by Droman director David McCracken, was successfully closed on the 10th of May 2016. The closing ceremony was held in Palata Srbije in the presence of His Excellency Mr Denis Keefe, the UK ambassador, Ms Hanna Delewska-Gren, Charge d’affaires a.i. Embassy of the Republic of Poland, Mr Oscar Benedikt, Deputy Head of the EU Delegation and senior officials of the Serbian Ministry of the Interior. Together with counterparts from beneficiary country Mr McCracken presented project achievements.
This two-year project introduced a complete international standard, human resources function to the Ministry of Interior (circa 46,000 staff) including:
- a standardised system of creating and maintaining job descriptions allowing a rationalisation of job roles across the Ministry thus reducing duplication, along with common processes of job analysis linked to common approaches to compensation and benefits
- a system of performance appraisal linking the Ministry’s strategic priorities with the direction and evaluation of individual performance
- a merit based system of internal and external recruitment and selection
- a merit based systems of promotion
- the concept of career development linked to organisational and individual needs
- an organisational development function that links strategic change to budgets and the holistic management of the Ministry’s workforce, in accordance with organisational goals
David McCracken has been contracted as an international expert on a subsequent project to systemise strategic planning within the Ministry as part of a wider police reform process.